Now, I don’t mean to brag, but I’ve never had a cookie better than these ones. Okay maybe with the exception of Ben’s Cookies in London… they were too good! My family and friends love these so much that I make them on an almost weekly basis. They also freeze really well, so I’ve always got some on hand for when that sugar craving hits! The measurements are really easy to halve or double depending on how many cookies you need. Each batch makes approximately 40 decadent cookies.
For the Ultimate Chewy Cookie Recipe you will need:
200g Salted Butter (softened)
150g White Sugar
150g Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1tsp Vanilla Extract
350g Self Raising Flour
1tsp BiCarbonate of Soda
Possible mix-ins (2cups)
White and milk choc chips OR
White chocolate chips and a handful of raspberries, crushed OR
( These are my favourite combinations but feel free to go crazy with whatever your favourite flavour combinations are! )
1. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and the sugars until combined. You can do this either with a wooden spoon or with an electric mixer.
3. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating to combine. Then add the vanilla.
4. Gradually add the flour and BiCarb until fully combined.
5. This is where the fun starts! You can add any mix-ins you would like. My favourites include: white chocolate and raspberry; white and milk chocolate chip; m’n’m’s- the possibilities are endless! Pick whatever you want to mix in and continue mixing until they are fully incorporated.
6. Refridgerate mix for about 20-30mins. While your dough is chilling, preheat oven to 170C (340F).
7. Roll into tablespoon full balls, then place on the trays and press down to flatten slightly. You’ll need to space them at least 5cm apart as they spread!
8. Bake for 11-14mins until the edges are just starting to brown.
9. After you remove them from the oven, let them sit on the tray for a couple of minutes to set as they will still be quite soft. Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!
If you want to freeze these, I recommend wrapping them in glad wrap/ cling film in pairs once completely cooled- perfect for school lunchboxes!
If you try this recipe, or if you have any mix-in ideas, let me know here or tag me on Instagram! @maddialexander.blog